Monday, September 21, 2009

Check Your Melons!!

Kenya and I drove down to my parents this weekend so I could participate in the race for the cure with my mom and one of her closest friends Beth, who is a survivor of breast cancer. We were up at 4:30 ( I was actually up earlier thanks to William) to get ready and make the trip to downtown Portland to walk a 3K and raise money for finding a cure.

I've never seen so many people, so much pink or so many different ways to say boobs on a t-shirt in my life! The support and the spirit that people showed was incredible!

It was a great day for remembering those who lost the battle, those who are still battling and those who won.

Beth's Team 2009


Me, Mom and Beth
Beth and Mom listening to the National Anthem



Heading toward the bridge


All the people behind us...


and even more in front of us!





We made it over


Beth walking through Survivor Alley


1 comment:

Jess said...

I was there! How did we not see each other in that sea of a gajillion people????
You look great Kyla! Can't wait to see you next month!