Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cookin Away

As I reach 36 weeks this Friday, I decided to look back on the pregnancy so far. It's been an interesting pregnancy with lots of little (and not so little) twists and turns but I am so thankful for the experience and know that I wouldn't really change anything because the bad times have made the good times so much sweeter.
I was sick 3-4 times a day the first 3 months of pregnancy switching to only once every morning in most of my 4th month. Puking is never fun but I was very excited that I had graduated to only once a day. I can handle once a day. I also had heartburn from the very beginning which is still with me to this day but I can find ways to manage that.
I have an awesome bump on my forehead that fills with blood and will bleed forever (I really mean forever), and have gone in 5 or 6 times to get it cauterized and will probably go back in next week to do it again. It always comes back and probably wont go until after Will is born, but I'm determined to not let it get bigger. That would be why a lot of my later prego pictures have either a bandaid on my forehead, thanks to the attractive black scab or a bump right between my eyes. It's pretty awesome.
I have stretch marks from my pelvic bone to the top of my belly button, on my hips, thighs and down to the backs of my knees. I don't know who I get to blame for that part of my genetics since my mom and grandmas never got any stretch marks. Lame.
I have noticed how puffy I look now. I don't see it when I look at myself but looking at pictures makes it obvious. Timo is sweet and says he doesn't notice, good boy. My feet and fingers are starting to feel a little swollen but that's just part of being pregnant. I can't wait to lose that part!
My biggest problem that has plagued me the last month or so is gestational diabetes. Thankfully it's only boarder line and not serious but I still have to be careful of what I eat and check my blood at least twice a day to make sure it's in range. Not too bad but still scary and something I don't want to deal with.
My only real discomfort is my hips aching but even that doesn't happen all the time.
I love feeling him move and watching my belly as he moves. Hiccups are my very favorite thing in the world and he gets them at least 3 times a day so I get lots of time to enjoy that. He sits pretty low so he's never crammed my ribs or lungs but when he stretches and cuts off my air we get into a little shoving match so I can breathe again. I love watching Timo getting grossed out when I make him feel the baby move. It's just too weird for him. His nursery is complete, clothes are put away, blankets are out and ready and now we're just waiting. We get to see how big he is next week and I can't wait to see him again. Now Will just needs to tell us when he's planning on making his arrival and we'll be all set!

11 Weeks

14 Weeks

17 Weeks

18 Weeks

20 Weeks

22 Weeks

22 Weeks
25 Weeks
26 Weeks
30 Weeks

33 Weeks

35 Weeks

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You look great! I can't wait to meet little Will. You know Ben came at 36 weeks so be prepared!

Jess said...

Not only do you look fantastic but I love that you are staying positive and understanding that it will all pass! You've had every reason to be miserable and cranky but you're holding it together so beautifully! I can't wait to hold your little Will! Better yet, I can't wait for Timo to hold little Will!!!