These past few days have been rough. My sanity is being tested.
Last Thursday, I was carrying Hollyn from the shopping cart to the car and somehow I fell. I have no idea how but I went down hard. There was no slipping, catching my toe on anything, tripping in any way. Just walking and then I was on the ground.
Thankfully, Hollyn fell on her butt and that awesome diaper of her cushioned her fall. I wasn't so lucky. I managed to twist both ankles and scrape both feet.
So for the past 4 days, I've had to be taken care of. I haven't been able to lift Hollyn, make meals, play with kids, be driven to the doctor for x-rays. It's tough not being able to do anything and it's not something I'm handling well.
I've had more tears and more freak out moments in the last few days. Remembering every morning that I can't do anything, that the pain is actually not a dream and that once again, I need to have people help me has been so hard.
My friends have completely come to the rescue since Timo has had track this week. I've been completely overwhelmed by their kindness and willingness to drop everything and help me when they have families and duties of their own. I know I'd have no problem going to their rescue but it's been a hard lesson to accept help, and more importantly, ask for it.
My biggest devastation... all the running I had put in. I'm hoping I don't have to start from square one, but it looks like I might have to. The walking I tried to do yesterday has made me sore today and since I don't know for sure that I didn't tear anything, I'm forced to take it easier today. My goal of being up and running by Friday looks like wishful thinking.
So, for now, I'll pop in another movie. Try to speak kindly to my kiddos as they try to take advantage that mommy isn't up to par, and try to learn patience and humility.
Next time I'll make sure I watch even more carefully where I'm walking.
No comments:
Post a Comment