Friday, February 13, 2009

Rough Day

Do you ever have those days where you just can't seem to wake up? That was me today. No matter what I did, I couldn't lose that groggy, out of it feeling which made me on edge and irritable all day long.
Today was probably one of the worst days to be feeling like this too, especially when I had to sub for PE today. Not only is it Friday, the day before Valentine's Day but it's also the Friday before a 3 day weekend and the night of both the high school "Sweethearts" dance and the middle school dance. Plus there was flowers, balloons, chocolates and presents being given all around the school making everyone extra hyper and annoying. So annoying in fact that Timo and I ended up writing up 6 kids and filling out one accident report. I also kicked another kid out of class but didn't have the energy to fill out one more referral.
What a day... but it's not over. We foolishly agreed to chaperone at the middle school dance which thankfully gets over at 8:30 instead of 11 like the high school dance (we got asked to that one too) and I have a feeling I'll be in bed by 8:45.
I've never been so thankful for a 3 day weekend!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

You are a brave, brave soul! Sorry that your day was so rough! Doesn't it feel like the students recognize those rough, beat-down days and they just make it a bit worse? I swear, they're good at recognizing vulnerability and then they kick ya in the ribs one more time!
Buuuut... we love 'em anyway!