Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Weekend and Other Stuff


Spring is finally here in full bloom and although I have to protect anything that is in the backyard thanks to distruct-o-dog, I'm still doing everything I can to surround myself with flowers. Timo got the husband award and hung a flower box outside my kitchen window so I can see them and still keep them safe. I planted sweet peas and alyssum this morning and can't wait for the intoxicating aroma to fill my house when the sweet peas start to bloom.

Our beautiful and wonderful friend, Kellie,came to visit for the weekend and I don't know how I didn't get more pictures of us doing stuff together but that just means that we'll have to get together again soon. :) We took her to our friends farm that we were watching for the weekend and introduced her to Wheezy. Wheezy wasn't very fond of Kenya but she loves Timo.


We then went out to Jones Beach thinking we could have a nice relaxing time sitting on the sand and talking while we watch Kenya play in the water. Instead it was so windy and the tide was so high we only lasted about 15 minutes just to let Kenya get energy out and headed back to the car.

She was the only one who was having a blast chasing sticks into the water and it was the bravest she's been yet (since she was too scared to go past her ankles in the water) but, while she was busy searching for her stick a huge wave came and completely submerged her. The poor thing was completely underwater and that ended her fun for the day. She refused to go past her ankles after that to go get a stick.
On Monday, Timo's mom, Linda and sister Teresa came for a bbq and some games. I ended up getting pretty burned (00ps) and decided to cover up and stay out of the sun.

Poor Kenya has been getting overheated lately with our amazing weather so we went out and bought her her first pool. Her favorite thing is bobbing for ice cubes. Hopefully she won't destroy this too.


She can then go and relax in her tent in the shade :)

No comments: