Monday, June 29, 2009

Snips, and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

IT'S A BOY!!

That's what I've been saying for the last two months thanks to a very strange but wonderful dream (involving childbirth and American Idol) and today we got to confirm my suspicions.
The doctor's appointment was for 8:30 this morning and lasted about 45 minutes. We invited the soon to be Grandmas to come and see their new grandchild for the first time. Mom cried the whole time, she was so excited. Both of them had never seen an ultrasound before and thought it was so cool to be able to see our newest addition.
It was amazing to watch him move and stretch and even yawn. I'll never forget seeing that. Mom said Timo was grinning from ear to ear (and also looked a little panicked) and he kept commenting on how cool it was to see him move. He seemed pretty excited about it although he's playing it cool now.
I did really well for how emotional I am although when Mom called Dad to tell him I couldn't talk to him because it finally set in and I burst into tears. It's still very strange and so surreal. We're going to be parents in 5 months! WEIRD!
His name is William Forrest Van Voorst. William after Timo's grandpa and Forrest after Dad and my grandpa. :)







2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! Boys are the best! Ben is so excited to have a buddy to hang with soon. Yay, yay, yay!

Jess said...

Hmmm... William and Emma.
Not bad.
We can't wait to meet him - I can just picture your Mom crying the entire time. She's so cute.
Kyla, I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!