This weekend has been the "hurry and get everything done" weekend. I've been beyond stressing about getting all the big furniture moved where it needed to be moved so we could get the rooms ready for the kiddos. I've been hoping to get Will's room finished and get him adjusted to it before the baby comes and my time frame is growing smaller and smaller. As long as his room is done, I can breathe easy and her room will come when it can but being as big as I am and the fact that the furniture is heavy, I needed Timo's help.
Some how we were able to fit moving, decorating, bbq's and family (and Timo fishing) all into this 3 day weekend... and I still got to nap every day!
Yesterday we went to Timo's parents for a bbq with the whole family and I got to try out my new camera's self timer. I'm a fan!
The whole Van Voorst clan
The kids and their families
All of the Grandkids (minus the one we're all waiting for to hurry up)
And then today I spent some time in Will's new room putting up his new decorations.
The one thing I'll always regret is not video taping his reaction when he saw the big Lightening wall hanging. I've never heard him scream so loud out of pure joy and excitement. He was jumping and pointing and screaming. It was beyond amazing and made all the work we've been doing completely and totally worth it.
It almost brought tears to my eyes to see my little boy so happy and excited about something. It filled my heart and made me so happy to be able to make my son so happy. What an amazing feeling.
I'll post pictures when we finish his room... all we're waiting on is his bed and I can be done.
Almost there.
No comments:
Post a Comment