Thursday, September 29, 2011

Adjusting to Life

I am so in love with my family. 
They are so amazing and entertaining and it feels like Hollyn has always been here and been in our lives.  I'm still terrified of the idea of having a little girl and all that that entails but she is perfect in every way and we'll figure out this mommy/daughter thing as time goes on.


Having Timo on paternity leave has made things so much easier and I'm so thankful to have him around for a couple weeks.  I think I'll learn and adjust when it becomes 2 against 1 but for now I like that we're an even match up.  I've already seen moments of chaos where I've found myself trying to deal with both kids but that's what makes life interesting and after a few weeks of pulling my hair out, we'll get into a routine.



Hollyn turned 2 weeks yesterday.  It's amazing how it feels like it's so much longer than that.  She eats like crazy, pees like crazy, poops like crazy and sleeps like crazy.  I love how she calms at the sound of my voice and that she looks so tiny and fragile in Timo's arms.  I love that she can already handle Will's tough love and she has to be one of the noisiest babies I've ever heard.  There are always noises coming from her and not all of them are sweet.




Did I already say it??  I'm in love with my family.

No comments: