Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rainy Days and Wagging Tails





Kenya and I have been busy the last few days and she has done so well! Wednesday night we went to Bible Study where we must have been incredibly boring because she snored through the whole thing and then decided to play with her squeaky toy during our prayer.



Our day started off on Thursday with us taking a trip to the school because I got a text from a student telling me there were flowers in the office for me. They came as quite a shock since I couldn't think of anyone who would be getting me flowers. (Timo's not that romantic) It turnes out that it was from a parent of a student that I work with at the school who had had some trouble. She sent me flowers to thank me for supporting her child. It was such a surprise and totally not necessary but it was nice to know that I was appreciated.

We then went to the vet in Longview because Kenya has developed a horrible cough that was making me feel like a bad doggy parent. We discovered that she has an upper respiratory infection and a bacterial infection in her digestive tract (which explained her diarrhea) so she is on three, yes three different antibiotics that she has to take for the next fourteen days. Poor girl. But that doesn't seem to be slowing her down. She made it through a long walk that started out nice and sunny and ended up pouring and hailing on us. It was quite the adventure.


Today we went to school until lunch time when I took her home. She had so much fun meeting the students and everyone was so excited to see her and play with her. There is a big football game tonight so Kenya and I are going to walk over there for a little while and cheer on our Tigers and will then come home and warm up with hopefully a fire and a movie.


1 comment:

Jess said...

First of all, congrats on the new addition to the family! She's adorable! Second, that's so neat that a parent sent you flowers! I get excited when a parent simply calls to chew me out because one of their students got a bad grade in my Health or PE class!