I have been meaning to write about our wonderful Christmas and about how amazing 2008 has been for us but instead we were gone for a week for Christmas visiting family (I felt guilty for sneaking away to blog) and ended up getting a very nasty cold that put me down for New Years Eve/Day and actually lasted for over a week (I'm still battling it at this very moment). What a way to finish the old and start with the new huh?
Our Christmas started off rocky thanks to our crazy weather. What usually takes us 2 1/2 hours to get to my parents turned into a 7 hour drive. The roads were horrible and there was a lot of traffic, semi's being the worst of them all. We got completely run off the road by a semi who decided to get into the FAST lane, which we were happily plugging along for once and Praise GOD that we didn't hit the snow wrong and get into an accident. My poor Grandma Marie was sitting shotgun while I was snuggling in the back with Kenya and I thought we might have issues if she has a heart attack because of fright. I jokingly told Timo he could give the driver the finger, knowing that he would never do, and Grandma said she would give the driver a finger but didn't know which finger she was supposed to give him so she would shake his fist at him instead. Thankfully we made it home in one piece and had a wonderful Christmas.
We then made our way to Portland to spend time with Timo's family. The drive was much easier but staying with his family was harder because we had Kenya who had a hard time handling all the noise and people and couldn't be out and about like she could at my family's house. It is hard for us to split time with both families because we want to spend equal time with them but that usually means that we spend a lot of time away from home. I wish there could be an easier way to cut out the traveling and still see both families but there isn't and so we will have to make do for now.
Our New Years was spent me on the couch watching tv and coughing up a lung and Timo on the computer playing a game. Do we know how to party or what?? I did make it to midnight to ring in the new year but it was uneventful and quiet which was nice after such a busy week.
We wish you all a great 2009 !
11 years ago
2 comments:
Your grandma Marie story cracked Nate and me up! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I spent my New Year's on the couch not feeling well also! What a way to bring in the new year! I hope 2009 is great for you both and hopefully we will get to see you soon!
Grandma Marie was talking about the driving situation all evening....God Bless You ;)
Post a Comment