Our wonderful friends, the Tompkins' leave tomorrow for Alaska for the summer so we spent their last weekend in Clatskanie with them, first fishing Saturday and Sunday and then a busy zoo day.
Our families get along so well and we always have a blast together so it always makes this last weekend bittersweet knowing that it's our last until the end of August.
Timo and I get awfully bored not having them to hang out with especially since we hang out with them almost weekly if not more.
On our fishing trip we had 21 people there and 19 poles. I was so busy splitting my time between chasing Will and relaxing that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have. Thankfully, there were a lot of cameras so I'll get more pictures soon.
Will, as always, had a blast digging and wrecking everything that Daddy built.
It took forever to get him to take a nap Saturday but I finally got him to relax and sleep for at least a little bit. I can't remember the last time I got him to snuggle with me enough to actually fall asleep. I was lovin' every minute of it.
Monday was zoo day, and we met with 3 other families, including the Tompkins, to enjoy the day and see the animals. It was absolutely exhausting but fun to see all the kids have such a blast. I know all the parents were completely wiped out by the end of the day, maybe more than the kids were.
Every time we go to the zoo, Will gets more and more excited about the animals. Now that he's starting making animal noises and do more animal signs, it's fun for us to see just how much he's learning.
This weekend was so busy that I'm still trying to recover from it all but it was worth every minute, every pregnancy ache and pain and every tantrum we had to deal with.
No comments:
Post a Comment