Amanda's sister Malissa was our photographer for the weekend. She has a camera that I am insanely jealous over and was able to get some great shots of all of us. I was also happy that I got to steal the pictures too. :)
To give you some background, there is a place just outside of Clatskanie called Jones Beach. It's actually just a big sandy spot that the Willamette runs by but it's great for bringing the dog, playing in the sand, riding 4 wheelers and camping.
Every summer Ryan, Amanda and Elle Tompkins go to Alaska for the whole summer where Ryan works as a fishing guide. The last weekend before they leave is always a free fishing weekend so they invite both of their families, and us to spend the weekend on Puget Sound Island which is only accessible by boat across from Jones Beach.
This is Ryan, taking people across.
The weekend was an overall success with at least 21 fish being caught and more having to be set free. I call it a success just because we had no kiddo injuries or serious tantrums to deal with. I guess that's the difference between the boys who went to fish and the mommies who went for support.
Will's new thing is to give double hugs. I can't even tell you how much Timo and I love when he does this!
Elle is always making moves on our son... we need to have a serious chat with her and her parents!
Two of the teachers we work with who joined our fishing weekend
Timo and Malissa with their catches
I think at one time we had 21 poles running along the beach, each with a bell to let us know there was a bite. When there was a bell, it became complete chaos as the guys took off to try and set the hook.
Apparently, Timo had some troubles getting this fish in...
but he finally got it.
If you "Voorsted" a fish, it meant that you had it on the line and almost to shore and you lost it. Poor Timo had a hard time hanging on to fish and the boys showed no mercy when it came to teasing him about it. Good thing he can take the heat and thankfully he was able to redeem himself a little bit by the end of the weekend.






























No comments:
Post a Comment