Saturday, March 27, 2010

Getting Better All The Time

We thought that Dad might get to come home yesterday.  He has gotten so much better since we first saw  him Thursday night.  I really think that having Will here has helped him heal.  It  makes him even more anxious to come home (he was trying to guilt the doctor into letting him go home since his grandson was waiting for him.  Didn't work.).

The only reason the doctors chose to keep him another night was because they put a PICC line in his arm.  It's a tube that goes in his arm by his elbow, up around his shoulder and connects to something in his chest.  I'm not sure exactly how it works but for the next two weeks he gets to go to the hospital every day to get hooked up to an IV for antibiotics.  They hook it up from the port that is sticking out of his arm.  It doesn't sound pleasant, but at least it means he can be home.







We just got the call that he can come home at 11 this morning!!  Yea!  I know that everyone in the family is ready for this to finally be over.  I'm praying hard that this is the end of Dad's illness and that his body is finally on the mend. 

Thank you to everyone who has been praying.  I have no idea how many people actually read this (people keep coming out of the woodwork) but I really appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and support.

1 comment:

lyonsaw said...

That's good news, Kyla. This has been going on way too long. We're praying, too, that it's finally under control.